Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

My First Ever Nail Water Marbling Attempt

Hey Everyone!

  I hope you all had a great week! I know I am glad it is finally Friday! So I have been wanting to try out water marbling on my nails for a while now and I decided today would be the day. I just wanted to walk you through my experience with it and let you know my thoughts! I will have pictures below of how my nails turned out!

 The polishes that I ended up using were: Nail Lacquer #24 Vikini Green as my base color and for marbling, Nail Lacquer #33 Neon Green, China Glaze Jolly Holly, and Essie Pretty Edgy. I found that these polishes were great to work with while doing the marbling and they spread in the water very well so I was able to do about three drops of each color. I made sure to use room temperature filtered (Dasani) water, not tap water, and I just put the water into a clear dixie cup. Taping my fingers up around my nails was not the easiest thing in the world to do but well worth the lack of a mess haha!

Once I started to make the patterns and dip in my nails, I made sure to keep my fingers submerged in the water and I blew on the water to make the polish dry so I could clean it up with a tooth pick before taking my fingers out of the cup. When using the tooth pick, I swirled it around in the remaining polish to pick up the extra that wasn't on my nails. As you can see on my thumb, if you miss some of the nail polish that's in the cup, it will stick on to your nail when you take it out. I did dunk two nails in at a time, with the exception of my thumbs, but next time I may try just doing one at a time so I can get better patterns, as you can see on my pinky finger, it didn't come out with a pattern. Other than that the cleanup is extremely easy because the tape catches most of the excess polish. The polishes I used dried fairly quickly after I took my nails out of the water, which was a plus because I am quite impatient when it comes to waiting for my nails to dry haha!

Overall I really liked trying this technique out and I will definitely do it again! Water marbling takes a lot of practice and I was actually surprised I was somewhat successful on my first attempt! Let me know if any of you have tried out water marbling and any tips you may have! I hope you all have a great weekend and if you celebrate it, St. Patrick's Day!!



Alicia

3 comments:

  1. This looks great! I did water marbling for the first time the other night and it turned out pretty well for me too. Pretty time consuming and MESSY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the link to my blog post on the water marble
      http://rusticcomfort.blogspot.com/2012/03/st-patricks-day-water-marble-first.html

      Delete
    2. Oh wow yours came out pretty cool! I like the color combo you used! Yes it is quite messy and time consuming but definitely worth it! Practice is definitely needed for this one haha!

      Delete