Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Review: Sedona Lace Se7ven Midnight Lace Synthetic Brush Set



 Hey Everyone!

This is definitely a long awaited review! I purchased the Sedona Lace Se7ven Midnight Lace Synthetic Brush Set on Black Friday as all of their brushes were 50% off and I had been dying to try out these brushes! I absolutely adore Sedona Lace brushes and I have already done a review on the Vortex Kit, which you can view here.

As stated by Sedona Lace, "the Se7ven Midnight Lace Synthetic Brush Set is packed with brand new, innovative brushes to add to the collection. This set contains cutting edge, finger-sized brushes that will take makeup application to the next level. Larger than typical eye shadow brushes but smaller than face brushes, these mid-sized tools will help you reach all of the hollows and contours of your face, mimicking your fingers in your makeup routine. The glamorous pink and purple bristles look great on your counter-top and also prevent unwanted makeup staining. The super soft synthetic bristles are perfect for all of the powder, liquid and cream makeup products in your collection. Kick your makeup application up a notch with the new 7 Piece Midnight Lace Synthetic Brush Set."

This brush set contains 7 Synthetic Brushes that are great for use on the face for applying both cream and liquid concealers. The brushes are small enough to really get into the more defined areas of the face and are dense enough to blend out cream and liquid products to produce an airbrushed finish.

I really love using these brushes for concealer. I find that they leave a flawless finish and I like using them better than my fingers, especially under the eyes! The brushes are so incredibly soft and I have not had any issues with them shedding after being washed. Due to the synthetic hairs, the liquid/cream products don't seep into the hairs and the products wash out of the brushes easily. These brushes are very dense which helps immensely with blending.

I will be showing all 7 brushes and describing what I personally use the brushes for!
  • All photos were shot using artificial lighting and flash.
224 Small Tapered Brush


224: This brush is a small tapered brush and I love using this brush in the under eye area to blend out concealer.

872 Small Flat Top Brush
872: This brush is a flat top brush that is great for blending out concealer on flatter surfaces of the face. All you have to do is stipple the brush and it does all of the blending work for you. Definitely one of my favorites!

618 Small Angled Flat Brush
618: This brush is a small flat angled brush. This brush is great for blending underneath the eyes as it really gets into the lower lash line area and inner corners.

312 Small Round Brush
312: The small round brush is, unfortunately, not one of my favorites out of this set. I find it hard to use to blend out concealers because it is so much smaller and way more dense than the others.

847 Small Round Flat Brush
847: This brush is a small round, yet more flat brush that is great for blending out concealer on the larger planes of the face such as the nose, around the mouth, and between the brows.

217 Small Round Dome Brush
217: This brush is another favorite of mine. I really like to use it to apply my powder highlighters.

773 Small Angle Brush
773: Yet another favorite! I like to wet this brush and use it to apply my Ben Nye Banana Powder or any other powders that I use in the under eye area.

As I stated in the descriptions my favorites are the 773, 217, and the 872. I would HIGHLY recommend trying out this brush set if you haven't already, it's great to have brushes that are perfect for defining features on the face as well as blending out concealer!

This brush set can be purchased on the Sedona Lace website for $59.95.

Have you tried any of these brushes out? Which are your favorites?

-Alicia



**DISCLAIMER**All products in this post were purchased by myself and all opinions are my own. My obligation is to give my readers an honest review of any products, whether positive or negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment