Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Swatches: NYX Smokey Shadow Collection Palette

Hey Everyone!

Today I have a post featuring the NYX Smokey Shadow Collection palette. I was dying to get this palette after watching Leesha's (xsparkage) video on the Mortal Instruments Parallel Worlds Kit Review! I didn't find that I was too interested in the entire collection, but this palette looked gorgeous so I just had to try it out!

The Smokey Shadow palette contains 6 shadows ranging from dark to light. Although most of the shadows (except for the black which contains glitter) look matte, they actually have a satin finish.

Now for the swatches!
  • All photos were taken in artificial lighting and shadow swatches were done with flash.
  • All swatches were done over Too Faced Shadow Insurance. 




My Thoughts:

I found these shadows to be a bit stiff to work with, especially the blue and the purple. I do absolutely love the purple, bronze, and the gray shadows! I definitely think that this palette is worth checking out!

The Smokey Shadow Collection palette can be found on the NYX website for $7.00! I was also able to find this palette at my local Ulta for $6.99.

Have any of you tried this palette? Which shadows are your favorite?

-Alicia



**DISCLAIMER**All products in this post were purchased by myself and all opinions are my own. My obligation is to give my readers an honest review of any products, whether positive or negative.




1 comment:

  1. Pretty! I love that there are neutrals and colours in there. The sparkly grey in particular is awesome!

    ReplyDelete