Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Review & Swatches: Maybelline Color Elixirs!

Hey Everyone!

Today I am going to be showing you 6 of the 20 Maybelline Color Elixirs that I have recently purchased to try out! I have been seeing these bad boys all around YouTube and I wanted to give them a try to see how well they perform.

As stated by Maybelline, "the color elixirs are made up of a trio of concentrates that deliver the color of a lipstick, the cushiony care of a balm, and the glass shine of a gloss." The Color Elixirs are a hyperpigmented gloss that have amazing color payoff and have an extremely high shine. I found these lip products to be pretty true to these claims. The majority of the shades are quite pigmented and they are all very shiny and have amazing staying power. They feel awesome on the lips and are not in the least bit drying! They really do a great job at keeping the lips moisturized. I did find that the Elixirs have a buttery feel to them and have the slightest bit of tackiness, just enough to keep them on the lips but not uncomfortable to wear at all. As for wear time, I was able to get about 3 hours of wear out of the Elixirs!

 The applicator for these lip products is quite unique as well; it's an angora brush that is shaped like a triangle and has a bit of a bend to it for the perfect application. The applicator is so soft and makes application extremely easy by having the end go to a point so that you can have nice clean lines with no product buildup at the edges of the lips.



 Swatches anyone?!
  • Swatch photos taken in artificial light.
  • Swatch photos taken with flash.
From Left to Right: Fuchsia Flourish, Celestial Coral, Captivating Carnation, Mauve Mystique, Raspberry Rhapsody, & Nude Illusion
From Left to Right: Fuchsia Flourish, Celestial Coral, Captivating Carnation, Mauve Mystique, Raspberry Rhapsody, & Nude Illusion
Fuchsia Flourish: Fuchsia Flourish is a gorgeous, highly pigmented bright pink. It's a more blue toned pink similar to Candy Yum Yum by MAC but not as bright. This is one of the most pigmented of the Elixirs that I picked up!

Celestial Coral: Celestial Coral is a beautiful pinky-toned coral. It's quite pigmented and is great for a more natural look and if you are just starting out wearing corals, this would be a great option for you!

Captivating Carnation: Captivating Carnation is a beautiful deeper coral mauve. This Elixir is another great everyday lip color.

Mauve Mystique: Mauve Mystique is a beautiful true mauve shade. I found this Elixir to be less pigmented than the others but it still yields decent color payoff.

Raspberry Rhapsody: Raspberry Rhapsody is a beautiful bright purple-pink. This Elixir is a bit sheer, so it takes a few swipes to get it to be opaque. I find this shade to be gorgeous for all year round but especially for the Fall!

Nude Illusion: Nude Illusion is a beautiful peachy nude shade. This Elixir is extremely pigmented and this is saying A LOT for a nude gloss! I was very impressed by the pigmentation this Elixir has and it completely covers your true lip color (even after swatching all of the other Elixirs on your lips!!)

Overall, I really enjoy the Elixirs and I find that they are a great product to have in your collection! The only downside that I believe some people may have a problem with is that they do have a slight perfume scent to them. The scent does go away within minutes of wearing the product.

I was able to find the Color Elixirs for $6.94 (for 0.17 fl.oz.) at Walmart!

I really hope that you found this review to be helpful! Have you tried any of the Color Elixirs? What are your thoughts?

My favorites from this bunch are Nude Illusion, Fuchsia Flourish, and Mauve Mystique!

-Alicia
 
**DISCLAIMER**All products in this post were purchased by myself and all opinions are my own. My obligation is to give my readers an honest review of any products, whether positive or negative.


2 comments: