Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Review: Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette!

Hey Everyone!

I have a review for you today on the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette that was recently released! There is A LOT of hype around this palette and I wanted to share my thoughts and let you know if it's worth it to purchase! Let's get on to the swatches and info shall we?!

  • All photos taken in artificial light.
  • Swatch photos are taken using flash.
  • All swatches are done over Lorac Behind The Scenes Eye Primer.


The Naked 3 packaging is absolutely stunning. It's a rose gold case with ripples on the top and Naked 3 Urban Decay written in gold. The packaging feels quite sturdy and I really like the fact that it snaps shut, rather than with the first palette where there is just a magnetic closure. I also like the fact that the packaging is not a felt covering like the first palette as I find that type of packaging gets dirty easy.

This palette contains a large mirror in the interior, 12 shadows, and also comes with a double ended gold brush.



All of the shadows in the Naked 3 have a rose gold/pink tone to them.

From Left to Right: Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, & Trick
Strange: Strange is a very pale pinky skintone shade that works great as a brow and inner corner highlight. It has a slight satin finish.

Dust: Dust is my least favorite of this bunch. It's a pink shadow containing glitter. The shadow is very hard to work with and any attempt of blending causes major glitter fallout.

Burnout: Burnout is a gorgeous rosey pink shadow and has a satin finish.

Limit: Limit is a mauve matte shade that is perfect for the crease as a transition color.

Buzz: Buzz is a deep rose pink with a satin finish. I like to mix Buzz with Burnout on the lid!

Trick: Trick is a beautiful rose gold. I find it to be much more flattering than Half Baked and it really makes Hazel eyes pop!

From Left to Right: Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside, & Blackheart
Nooner: Nooner is a deep mauve matte shade that works well to deepen up the crease for a more subtle look.

Liar: Liar is a beautiful rose taupe shadow that has a satin finish.

Factory: Factory is a slightly darker and more brown version of Liar.

Mugshot: Mugshot is a taupe with a slight rose undertone. I really love this shadow and find it to be one of my favorites.

Darkside: Darkshide is sort of like a duochrome in the sense that is has a brown undertone but comes off as being a very strong taupe. You can see a slight pink/purple undertone with this shadow.

Blackheart: Blackheart is a charcoal black with a slight pink undertone and deep pink/red sparkles throughout. The sparkles don't show up as much once the shadow is blended out.

Overall, I really adore this palette and I definitely think that it is worth trying out if you like these types of shadows. I find that this range of colors works great with pale skin and really brings out the gold in my eyes.

My favorites from this palette are Limit, Trick, Nooner, Mugshot, & Darkside.

This palette costs $52 and can be found at Sephora, Urban Decay, & Ulta.

-Alicia


**DISCLAIMER**All products in this post were purchased by myself and all opinions are my own. My obligation is to give my readers an honest review of any products, whether positive or negative.



No comments:

Post a Comment